About this Blog

When my life is a mess, all I can do is run to Jesus. There in His awesome presence, is the only place to find peace, comfort, love and joy. At His feet, He opens my eyes to His mercy and goodness within the mess. This is my journey with my Savior.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I hate roller coasters

I haven't updated in a few weeks, and I apologize for that.

First of all, God gets all the glory.  July 19 did not happen.  Praise God that He moved and our marriage is still intact.  The only explanation - God.  Remember from a few weeks ago - Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."  the only thing that matters is what God has planned.  Nothing outside of that plan will happen no matter what.  I wish that I  was coming here to say that it didn't happen because my husband has come home, but that day has not yet arrived. 

But that doesn't shake me. 

The days are rough so I am struggling to write.  I feel like I just keep repeating myself sometimes.  But that is where God has me.

Waiting.

Praying.

Trusting.

It's not mine to fix.  It's God's. 

Where do I find peace?  It's not in what I can hold on to; it's in the One that's holding me.

I believe in God's promises.

God is always good.  All glory does now and always will go to Him alone.

I just wait, pray & trust, knowing that the roller coaster will not flip me off as it flips, rolls, turns, sinks & rises.  I've always hated roller coasters, but if I'm going to be on one, this is the one to be on.  For He is holding me in, laying the track and bringing me to the end of it.  I wouldn't want to see the picture taken half-way through the ride!  It might be a little scary.  But isn't that where the mercy is.  Where God is doing the work.  In the upside down turn, you can't see what is ahead, but God does.  He will bring me through.  He will be victorious as I hold on and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment